QuickBooks is an excellent tool that helps make your accounting and financial tasks easier as software. With many accessories related to accounting and financials, QuickBooks defines difficulties and improves the user experience. It is now used by a lot of people, as it is a very useful financial management platform. In addition, QuickBooks has a large number of small-business market share.
You can easily and quickly track your business all income and expenses, efficiently track your payments, sales, and inventory, simply store your customers and vendors all information and many more.
Some people face QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 this error that damages your system when you do not have sufficient permission to gain access to any QuickBooks files or folders. Furthermore, this error is one of the most common but important errors in QuickBooks software. If affected by this, QuickBooks error code 6000 77 needs to be resolved as soon as possible. If ignored, it can cause some serious damage to your data.
This article will help you solve QuickBooks error code 6000 77 manually. In addition, you can also connect to the QuickBooks Support to get quick support for any QuickBooks related issues.
Now, we must first understand what this error is before passing through the stages of resolution.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What are the reasons that affect QuickBooks error codes (-6000, -77)?
- 2 Steps to solve QuickBooks error code 6000 77
- 3 Contact us.
What are the reasons that affect QuickBooks error codes (-6000, -77)?
Factors contributing to the occurrence of this error are:
- The company whose file you are trying to open is either missing
- Damaged or corrupt company file
- QuickBooks is not updated for the latest release
- Old version of QuickBooks
- You do not have sufficient authorization for your server computer.
Now, we move towards the stages of mitigation.
Steps to solve QuickBooks error code 6000 77
Solution 1: General solution
- Restart your server computer
- Check your internet connection to see if it is working properly
- Make sure you have sufficient permissions and credentials to run QuickBooks
- Make sure that QuickBooks software is installed on your administrator’s Windows.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- The QuickBooks File Doctor tool is QuickBooks’ most important tool to help you solve common data loss issues automatically.
- Download the QB File Doctor tool from Intuit’s official website.
- Install the device properly and run it
- Select the file in which you are facing an error
- Provide username and password if necessary
- Allow the process to finish and then restart your system
Solution 3: Rename.ND and. TLG files
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Typically, the following are the location of these files: C: \ Users \ Public \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuit \ QuickBooks \ Company Files
- Locate files that have the same name as your company data file, but with Extension.ND and. TLG.
- Right-click both files one by one and rename from the drop-down list.
- Add the word OLD to the end of the file name.
Solution 4: Use the UNC patch file name instead of mapped drive
- Right-click on the QB icon while holding down the CTRL key
- Select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
- Hold Ctrl key to open the No Company window
- Go to File> Open or Restore Company> Open Company File> Next.
- Select the network from the left pane.
- Navigate to the folder location of the company file.
- Set folder permissions and then open the company file.
Solution 5: Configure firewall and security software
Keep in mind that you may face QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77 due to improper configuration of firewall settings. A miss-configured firewall can block the Internet connection which is important for various QuickBooks tools.
- You can update the firewall running on your computer to the latest release which can fix the error.
- You can also configure the firewall manually.
Solution 6: Rebuild the Damaged Folder
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E and go to your system’s C: \ drive.
- Create a new folder in your C: drive and name it QBtest123.
- Then open the folder where the company file is located.
- Select the .qbw file and click Copy from the drop-down list.
- Paste the file into the newly created folder.
- And before share company files please set your Windows access permissions.
- Open QB Desktop and open the file from the new location.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with the information that you will be helpful in solving QuickBooks error code 6000 77. However, there are remote instances where, even after you complete all the steps, the error still persists. Well, you don’t have to fret. In such cases, immediately contact our expert technicians with the QuickBooks online support number and the pro advisors will ensure that any QuickBooks related issue is causing you trouble.
517 total views, 2 views today